Thursday, April 2, 2015

Transformational Technology



If you follow us on Twitter, you have likely already seen this image. We think it is important for us to explain what we mean by Transformational Technology. It is easiest if we frame the definition as question. Could a student have produced exactly what they envisioned without the use of technology? 

Students were asked to "explain how [they] have blended [their] understanding and a piece of technology to create something awesome?".

Read their posts entitled "What Transformational Technology Means to Me".

4 comments:

  1. Technology helps kids with LD because levels the playing field between a LD student and a student without a LD - Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessa: Technology helps me show my learning because I can express what I know in different ways instead of paper and pencil! For example I can use iMovie to make visuals to explain what it is about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlow: technology helps me show my learning because I can use apps like Popplet, iMovie and Piccollage. These apps help me show pictures instead of drawing them, you can also add music to make the slide more interesting and attractive. Technology lets me express my learning as if I didn't have a learning disability.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technology helps me show my leaning in school and out of school rather then with a pencil and paper. I can see if I am spelling words right because you see the red line when you spell a word wrong. Technology helps me with my learning disability.

    ReplyDelete